Warning: Do not read this list if you do not wish to have your political beliefs challenged. Click here to go to The Huffington Post. Otherwise, feel free to continue.
Consider the questions carefully and make sure to take time to read the articles linked and watch the videos featured.
1) Please define the theory of supply and demand.
2) According to that definition, which is more compatible with supply and demand: capitalism or socialism?
3) If the rich don't pay their fair share in taxes, then why does the top 1% pay more in federal income taxes than the bottom 95%?
4) Are the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer?
5) If Michael Moore is correct in saying "the rich" are hoarding all the wealth, would confiscating all the wealth from "the rich" solve our economic problems?
6) Which would better allow taxpayers to pay their fair share: a flat-tax system where everyone pays at the same rate regardless of income, or a "progressive" tax system where the tax burden is shoved entirely on "the rich"?
7) How can our current economic crisis be caused by deregulation if overall regulation has been increasing over the past several decades?
8) Which was a more plausible cause of the mortgage crisis: "deregulation" of the banks, or legislation requiring banks to offer loans to people to buy houses they can't afford?
9) If the market is incapable of regulating itself, then explain Underwriters Laboratories.
10) Is Sweden's success due to its economic model?
11) How will the economy be stimulated by funding the following:
- $5 million to create a geothermal energy system for a shopping mall in Tennessee. The mall is over half empty of tenants and has had falling shopper attendance for years.
- $2 million to build a replica railroad tourist trap in Carson City, Nev.
- A boat cruise company in Chicago got almost $1 million to "combat terrorism"
- $500,000 went to Ariz. State Univ. to study ant genetics
- Another $450,000 went to Univ. of Arizona to study ants
- Almost $400,000 went to Univ. of New York to pay students to drink beer and smoke marijuana for a study there
- $219,000 went to the Nat'l Institute of Health to study if young people "hook-up" after getting drunk
- $210,000 to the Univ. of Hawaii to study bees
- $700,000 to crab fishermen in Oregon to pay for lost crab pots
13) Is it ironic for a corporation like Free Range Studios to release a film criticizing groups of people like corporations, unions, and non-profit organizations having the same rights as individual persons?
14) If corporations have the power to censor political speech on the internet, why haven't they done so already?
15) If the Koch Brothers support big business and corporatism, then explain this quote by Charles Koch:
"Too many business have successfully lobbied for special favors and treatment by seeking mandates for their products, subsidies (in the form of cash payments from the government), and regulations and tariffs to keep more efficient competitors at bay. Crony capitalism is much easier than competing in an open market. But it erodes our overall standard of living and stifles entrepreneurs by rewarding the politically favored rather than those who provide what consumers want."16) How is it "union-busting" to require public employees to contribute to their own pensions and healthcare premiums when they already contribute 1% to their pensions and only 6% their premiums?
17) Did Hitler really abolish the unions in 1933?
18) What did Hitler really think of unions?
19) What did FDR think of public sector unions?
20) Should Wisconsin public teachers be allowed to bring their students to protests, especially when the students have no idea what they're protesting?
21) Should doctors be allowed to pass out fake sick notes to teachers in order to attend protests?
22) Should Wisconsin bus drivers be making more than $100,000 a year?
23) Is it in the best interest of our children for teacher unions to lobby against offering students life-saving medicine?
24) How about when they lobby against converting failing public schools into more efficient charter schools?
25) And how about when they lobby against instituting necessary educational reform in general?
26) Why have reading and math scores remained stagnant while federal spending on education has increased?
27) Since the Netherlands, Sweden, and Denmark rank higher in math, reading, and science than America, would it be wise for America to adopt their educational voucher systems, which allow parents more freedom of where they send their children to school?
28) If school vouchers are truly "racist", as Al Sharpton claims, then why do African-American children who attend private school through school vouchers score higher in reading and math than their peers in public school?
29) Why do homeschooled children outperform their peers in public school on standardized tests?
30) Why were Americans more literate in 1840 than they are today?
31) Why did John Dewey, the father of progressive education, consider teaching young children how to read a "perversion"?
32) If conservatives don't care about the poor and needy, why do they give more to charity than do liberals?
33) How have California's "progressive" policies benefited the poor and needy?
34) How have Detroit's "progressive" policies helped the city, especially its poor and needy?
35) If poverty causes crime, then why have crimes rates decreased during the recession?
36) Were the robber barons really a product of lassie-faire capitalism?
37) Which eliminated child labor: the government or the market?
38) Is the gender wage gap due to sexism?
39) Why does Medicare deny more claims than any private insurer?
40) Why are most doctors reluctant to accept Medicare?
41) Does Medicaid make people healthier?
42) Which is more akin to shoving Grandma over a cliff: reforming Medicare to allow seniors to choose their own insurance provider, or allowing Medicare to go broke by 2024?
43) Why do seniors receive better benefits under the Galveston Plan than under Social Security?
44) Why do seniors receive better benefits under Chile's pension plan than under Social Security?
45) What sense does it make for Nancy Pelosi to say "we have to pass the [healthcare] bill so that you can find out what is in it"?
46) If the British National Healthcare System is so superior to our own, why do British newspaper headlines suggest otherwise?
- Hard-up hospital orders staff: Don't wash sheets - turn them over
- Record numbers go abroad for health treatment with 70,000 escaping NHS
- Life prolonging cancer drugs to be banned because they cost too much
- 'Cruel and neglectful' care of one million NHS patients exposed
- NHS targets 'may have led to 1,200 deaths' in Mid-Staffordshire
- Patients more likely to go hungry than prisoners
- Standard of care in some wards 'would shame a third world country'
- Specialist NHS clinics are 20 times more likely to botch hip
- Hospital wards to shut in secret NHS cuts
- Health Secretary Andrew Lansley: funding crisis threatens the NHS
47) Why is Michael Moore's documentary SiCKO, which praises Cuba's nationalized healthcare system, banned in Cuba?
48) Can health care be fixed without spending a dime?
49) How many people would have survived had the FDA not delayed the marketing of life-saving drugs for over 30 years?
50) Why don't calorie counts on fast food menus help curb unhealthy food choices?
51) Is it hypocritical for San Francisco, which is infamous for medical marijuana, to ban happy meals?
52) Does it make any sense for the EPA to regulate dust?
53) How about taxing cow farts?
54) If the rise in the earth's temperature is caused by the rise in c02 levels, then why did temperature rise before c02?
55) If man-made global warming is real, why so many errors in Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth?
56) If environmentalists were wrong about global cooling, could they be wrong about man-made global warming?
57) Does recycling paper create more waste than simply throwing it away?
58) Has nuclear technology improved since Chernobyl and Three-Mile Island, or not?
59) What does it say of environmental activists when they're quick to sign a petition banning water?
60) If the Pope and Catholics are responsible for AIDS deaths in Africa for prohibiting contraception, then is Rachel Carlson and environmentalists responsible for malaria deaths in Africa for banning DDT?
61) Which would be more obtrusive to medical science and progress: banning federal funding of embryonic stem cell research (while allowing for private funding of all stem cell research), or banning medical testing on animals?
62) Why has PETA killed more animals than it has saved?
63) Should PETA, which has funded ecoterrorists like Rodney Coronado, retain its tax-exempt status?
64) Why do cities with the strictest gun laws like Chicago and Washington DC also have the highest crime and homicide rates?
65) Why is it extreme to allow states to "set their own policies on abortion, gay marriage, prayer in school, and most other issues"?
66) How is a state trooper pulling someone over for a traffic stop and asking for their license and registration any different from an Arizona state trooper pulling someone over for a traffic stop and asking for their license, registration, and proof of citizenship?
67) How does Arizona SB 1070 promote racial profiling if, according to the bill, law enforcement "may not consider race, color or national origin in implementing the requirements" of the bill?
68) Why have SB 1070's strongest critics not read the bill?
69) Why are Mexico's immigration laws stricter than America's?
70) Why is it racist to suggest that non-English speaking immigrants moving to a predominately English-speaking country learn English?
71) Are hate crimes charges equally administered among the races?
72) If Republicans hate Obama because of his skin color, why do they support politicians like Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Clarence Thomas, Michael Steele, and Herman Cain?
73) Why do African-Americans vote for Democrats?
74) Is it disingenuous for Keith Olbermann to demand evidence for minorities in the Tea Party, than to disregard any evidence offered?
75) Is it racist when leftist protestors demand that Clarence Thomas be "sent back in the fields" or "stung up"?
76) Why do liberals ignore the violent rhetoric and violent acts committed by their own, but continuously harp upon that of conservatives?
77) How are targets any different than bull's-eyes?
78) Why should Juan Williams be fired from NPR for saying he feels nervous when Muslims get on the same plane as him, but Nina Totenberg can keep her job, even when she said that Jesse Helms should get AIDS?
79) Is it appropriate for a radio host like Mike Malloy to demand the death of other media figures such as Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, or Rush Limbaugh on the air?
80) If liberals are so tolerant and open-minded of other views and perspectives, why are they so eager to force Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck off the air?
81) Should Media Matters be allowed to keep its tax-exempt status while making partisan attacks against Fox News?
82) Why were liberal pundits like Rachel Maddow and Cenk Uygur so quick to defend Anthony Weiner, especially since he confessed to posting inappropriate pictures on his Twitter?
83) How could Sean Penn, who openly criticized George W. Bush in a newspaper ad, suggest that journalists be jailed for calling Hugo Chavez, who has had political dissidents and journalists jailed, among other human rights violations, a dictator?
84) Why did Howard Zinn claim that Maoist China was "the closest thing...to a people's government" and that Castro's Cuba "had no bloody record of suppression"?
85) Why is Noam Chomsky more critical of America than of Communist regimes?
86) Why was the mainstream media so defensive and supportive of Communist regimes such as Stalinist Russia, East Germany, Maoist China, and Castro's Cuba?
87) Why does the left support the Palestinians against Israel?
88) Why should Jews vote for the same party which opposes them having their own homeland?
89) If the goal of the United Nations is to achieve world peace, why is it the war-making business?
90) And if the United Nations is for human rights, why has it allowed so many human rights violations in other countries?
91) Why have European leaders admitted that multiculturalism is a failure?
92) Is Islam really a religion of peace?
93) How is a culture which allows women to work outside the home and people to follow their own religion equal to a culture which stones women for adultery and executes converts from Islam?
94) Why is flushing a Koran down a toilet considered a hate crime, but a crucifix submerged in urine considered worthy of a federal grant?
95) Is it hypocritical for a tax-exempt non-profit organization like The Freedom From Religion Foundation to criticize the tax-exempt status of religious organizations like churches, which are also non-profit?
96) Is it consistent to believe that Bush was the dumbest president ever, yet was smart enough to orchestrate the largest inside job which was allegedly 9/11?
97) Is it ironic that Obama, who received a Nobel peace prize nine months in office, started military conflict in Libya?</b>
98) Why has the number of anti-war protestors declined since Obama's election?
99) Was it possible for JFK to be shot from the grassy knoll?
100) After honestly answering the last 99 questions, do you still consider yourself a liberal?
If you have answered no, I would like to invite you to become a libertarian. Click here to learn more.